Friday, May 9, 2008

A JOURNEY THROUGH GENRE'S

The following eight postings all reflect a semester of genre reading for a Reader's Advisory class. In a way, it's a map to my reading interests. While there isn't always an obvious connection between the titles, the recommended reading at the end of the essay's shows how you can take themes from any book and find connections for future reading. The English Patient might spark interest in map making, which might lead you to the The Map that Changed the World. Or, you loved the poetic language Ondaatje uses which leads you to The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy.

Either way, the journey is yours and unique to you. You are the driver of your reading empire and direct what comes next. Although I didn't find many favorite's in the selections I read, I would have never known, if I had not tried them.

Most of these don't feature full reviews. Although, I may have given away a few endings or two. There's a an actual map to go along with this study and I will put it up once I figure out how to upload my PDF through another source.

For more book reviews, check out my other blog Wit and Witty.

Heidi

No comments: